The council consulted on the scheme last year, and the response was overwhelmingly in favour – the least popular option had 77% support!
The works will involve raising the junctions of some of the main roads on the estate to slow traffic in general, and make those specific junctions much safer. It will take a few weeks until they are all finished and diversions will be in place, so you might want to give yourself a couple of minutes on your journeys until they are done.
For information, the five junctions to be raised (with the level of support for each) are:
- Sabine Road / Eland Road (80%)
- Sabine Road / Grayshott Road (80%)
- Sabine Road / Tyneham Road (78%)
- Elsley Road / Eland Road (77%)
- Elsley Road / Grayshott Road (77%)