Another great year for Battersea Park’s fireworks: and my video of some of the best bits. (OK, the queuing wasn’t really one of the best bits.)
Anyone who was there will know that Saturday’s Battersea Park fireworks were superb. Congratulations to the council and Pains Fireworks for organising them.
If you missed them, or want to see them again, but you don’t have a full 20 minutes, then my video might help. 20 minutes of fireworks compressed into 2 minutes… well, more accurately, 19 minutes of fireworks compressed into one minute, and then the final minute in full.
The reaction on Twitter was certainly positive, some going as far as to rate them as the best they’ve ever seen:
Some made cultural references I just don’t understand:
Some just made me proud to be a Battersea, rather than Clapham, resident:
Although some people were facing the wrong way:
Last Saturday saw Wandsworth’s 2009 firework display in Battersea Park. I understand the dry and clear (if somewhat cold) conditions resulted in a huge turnout and they shouldn’t have been disappointed by the fantastic display put on.
The iPhone video isn’t great quality and the sound of the fireworks somewhat drown out the music – a cover of ‘One Love’ – but does a pretty good job of giving a flavour of the climax of the display.
One of the beauties of Twitter is that you can get an instant reaction to events (for those who could access it, O2’s ever worsening network meant I had no connection during the event) and it was great to see comments like:
- “Just watched an amazing fireworks display at Battersea Park, really impressed :)” jamiebarry
- “Just back from Battersea Park fireworks – amazing show.” rossbalham
- “bonefire day fireworks in battersea park were awesome. best fireworks show i’ve seen so far.” cezarneaga
- “Battersea Park fireworks;best I’ve ever seen.Musically choreographed & stunning.Bonfire was a bit huge & scary http://twitpic.com/oqj2p” ianapplegate
- “Battersea Park fireworks last night were insanely good – best ever. http://www.painsfireworks.co.uk were behind it, def check ’em out.” louisedoherty
I can only agree. A spectacular display, my congratulations to the team at Wandsworth and Pains Fireworks who put it all together.