The latest crime briefing has been published by the Community Safety Division, and below is my attempt at mapping the data. This will be the last briefing until the New Year and, as usual, the health warnings follow the map.
The map is hosted by Google, and occasionally will not load, or will not load the flags. If it does not display correctly, try refreshing the page or following the link directly under the map.
View Larger Map
- Yellow flags represent burglaries and red flags represent street crime reported between 9 and 16 December, 2008.
- The briefing only contains details of burglaries and robberies. Other crimes are not included.
- You can see more detail by following the link to the Google website.
- The flags are not placed precisely (it would be irresponsible to advertise victims of burglary) but instead are spaced roughly equally on the roads they took place. The idea is to give a visual representation of the spread and range of crime in Battersea, rather than pinpointing crime locations.
- This map is only for the Battersea parliamentary consitutuency – which is different to the police’s Battersea sector.
- While I try to ensure the data is accurate it is reliant on the information I receive, and I’m only human, so it may be mistakes have crept in. Please let me know if you think you’ve spotted one.