The map below details crimes reported in Wandsworth between 24 December 2009 and 7 January 2010. This represents two weeks, rather than the usual one, so the map looks more densely populated than usual.
The data on the map illustrates the date a burglary was discovered – but burglaries are rarely discovered immediately and the data behind reveals that a lot of them took place while people were away from home for Christmas, illustrating the need to ensure your home is secure and you’ve taken all the precautions you can to secure your property.
If you have any information on any of these crimes you can get in touch with the local police on 020 7350 1122 or via Crimestoppers (anonymously, if you wish) on 0800 555 111.
You can click on the individual markers for more information.
View Wandsworth Crime Briefing for 24 December 2009 to 7 January 2010 in a larger map
- Yellow flags represent burglaries and red flags represent street crime reported in the period.
- The briefing only contains details of burglaries and robberies. Other crimes are not included.
- You can see more detail by following the link to the Google website.
- The flags are not placed precisely (it would be irresponsible to advertise victims of burglary) but instead are spaced roughly equally on the roads they took place. The idea is to give a visual representation of the spread and range of crime in Wandsworth, rather than pinpointing crime locations.
- While I try to ensure the data is accurate it is reliant on the information I receive, and I’m only human, so it may be mistakes have crept in. Please let me know if you think you’ve spotted one.