The map below details crimes reported in Wandsworth between 1 – 8 July 2010, it features a total of 104 crimes (12 more than last week).
Again, however, the majority of them are burglaries and too many of them made possible by people leaving doors and windows open in the hot weather. Always make sure your doors and windows are secure when you aren’t in the room, and never leave valuable items in easy view to tempt burglars.
If you have any information on any of these crimes you can get in touch with the local police on 020 7350 1122 or via Crimestoppers (anonymously, if you wish) on 0800 555 111, you may be eligible for a reward if your information leads to an arrest.
You can click on the individual markers for more information.
View Wandsworth Crime Briefing for 24 June – 1 July 2010 in a larger map
In an emergency you should always call 999, but don’t forget that in non-emergency cases you can call the police on 0300 123 1212 or report crime via online.met.police.uk
- Yellow flags represent burglaries and red flags represent street crime.
- The briefing only contains details of burglaries and robberies. Other crimes are not included.
- You can see more detail by following the link to the Google website.
- The flags are not placed precisely (it would be irresponsible to advertise victims of burglary) but instead are spaced roughly equally on the roads they took place. The idea is to give a visual representation of the spread and range of crime in Wandsworth, rather than pinpointing crime locations.
- While I try to ensure the data is accurate it is reliant on the information I receive, and I’m only human, so it may be mistakes have crept in. Please let me know if you think you’ve spotted one.