Sendero coffee, a relatively new addition to Lavender Hill (on the corner of Lavender Hill and Queenstown Road), has applied for an licence to permit additional sales and activity.
The application is for:
- The sale of alcohol from 4pm to midnight every day.
- Live music from 7pm to 10pm every day.
- Recorded music from 6.30pm to midnight every day.
- Provision of late night refreshment from 11pm to midnight every day.
Sendero is primarily a coffee shop (and a good one to boot, I’d highly recommend it) and I think it is a good addition to Lavender Hill, providing an attractive destination at the less desirable end of a road that, despite its potential, always seems to struggle.
This licence application is not that big and largely within the council’s policy. However, you might think it moves the shop away from being a coffee shop to something else although with only the upstairs flats as immediate neighbours it might be a suitable venue for later opening and quiet entertainment.
If you want to make a representation you have until 6 October. Representations must relate to the four licensing objectives:
- The prevention of crime and disorder
- The prevention of public nuisance
- Public safety
- The protection of children from harm
The council’s licensing pages provide more information.
If you wish to make an observation you can do so by writing to:
Head of Licensing
London Borough of Wandsworth
PO Box 47095
or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org